Services & Support
Charlotte’s Office of Research Commercialization and Development (ORCD) identifies, protects, and commercializes university research and intellectual property. The office works closely with faculty, students, and staff to help bring new technology and innovation to market. The office is available to assist the University in the following areas:
- Invention and Patent Process – The office is available to review new research and ideas to discuss intellectual property protection strategies such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, etc.
- Commercializing Charlotte’s technology through start-up company formation and out-licensing transactions.
- Bayh-Dole Compliance. All inventions that result from federally funded research must be properly reported and managed under the Federal Bayh-Dole Act.
- Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Agreements (CDAs and NDAs). ORCD is the main point of contact for all confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements between Charlotte employees and outside parties.
- Data Use Agreements (DUAs).
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs).
- Conflict of interest.
Have an invention to report? Go to the “New Invention Submission“