Visit the Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) website
The Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) is a business advisory service committed to providing knowledge, education, and supportive resources to small and mid-sized businesses striving to make their businesses better. Since 1984, the SBTDC, in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, has helped over 125,000 North Carolina small and mid-sized businesses, emerging entrepreneurs to innovate and succeed. Most of SBTDC services are free of charge, and all are confidential.
The SBTDC team provides personalized management counseling and education services designed to help small and medium-sized businesses:
- Obtain quality business and market information
- Evaluate and improve financial performance
- Access new capital and markets
- Improve management and employee performance
- Make better decisions and achieve goals
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Economic and Community Development.
SBTDC’s International Business Development (IBD) counselors assist small and mid-sized businesses with exporting. The IBD counselors are highly trained, Certified Global Business Professionals (CGBP) with extensive experience in international business development. Their goal is to provide export-related guidance and assistance to businesses and enhance their export success. International business counselors assist clients with:
- Global business management
- Global marketing
- Supply chain management
- Trade finance and technical assistance with SBA and Ex-Im finance options
- Networking and resources referral.
SBTDC’s Government Contracting Assistance Program (GCAP) counselors educate eligible businesses on obtaining contracts by providing comprehensive assistance in selling products and services to local, state and federal government agencies. GCAP counselors can help simplify the process of selling to the government, including helping your business:
- Identify the products/services governments look to purchase and the amounts they buy
- Meet requirements necessary to compete for contracts
- Review and improve bids and proposals
- Interpret complex regulations.
The Strategy and Growth Services team at the SBTDC has carefully identified, researched and developed products and services to help mid-size businesses like yours grow and become more competitive. Their expertise addresses areas to help businesses:
- Assess and benchmark company performance
- Develop and implement successful long and short-term strategies
- Identify priorities and action steps
- Measure and monitor progress
- Advance talent.
To learn more visit the SBTDC website.
Take a look at some of our success stories here.
Michael Moore – Interim Regional Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Georges Neuenschwander – International Business Development Counselor – Gneuensc@uncc.edu
Jules Monroe – Business Counselor – email@example.com