Division of Research Diversity Committee
DR Diversity Statement
The Division of Research (DR) is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms within both the University and the greater Charlotte community. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, and leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity. In all of our interactions with academic, industry, and government partners, we value inclusion, the free and civil exchange of ideas as core strengths and are guided by an overarching respect for human dignity.
DR is committed to:
- Convene a Diversity Committee to oversee diversity initiatives, elevate cultural awareness, and facilitate outreach.
- Foster and maintain a safe environment of respect and inclusion.
- We will ensure fair and inclusive access to our programs, resources, and services, and ensure that all of our policies and practices are inclusive and equitable.
- We will advance and build our workforce by assessing hiring practices to attract, develop, and retain talented staff from diverse backgrounds.
Quick links to resources to support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- A Response to Racist & Xenophobic Rhetoric
- Black Student Mental Health
- Clery Act
- Clery Partners & Programs
- DEI Campus Inventory
- Diversity 101: Crash Course
- Diversity Dashboard
- Diversity & Equity Speaker Series
- Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity Fundamentals
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ginger Behavioral Health Coaches
- Healing & Empowerment Gatherings
- International Student and Scholars Office
- List of Resources for Developing Diverse Applicant Pools
- Multicultural Mental Health & Equity Initiative (MMHEI)
- Office of Civil Rights and Title IX
- Office of Disability Services
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Pronouns Matter
- Queer & Trans Students of Color (QTSOC)
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Sexuality And Gender Education (SAGE)
- Student Affairs Office of Identity, Equity, and Engagement
- UNC Policy Manual and Code
- UNC System Human Resources
- Unlawful Workplace Harassment
- Women of Color Conversations
Chancellor Sharon Gaber joins the Excelencia in Education’s Presidents for Latino Student Success.
If you have questions or suggestions, kindly contact the DR Diversity Committee at email@example.com.