Things You Need to Know

Where is the Office of Research Protections and Integrity located?

The Research Protections Offices are located on the 3rd floor of Cameron Hall.

Director’s Office: Cameron 300
IRB Offices: Cameron 326 and 327
IACUC Office: Cameron 325
Biosafety / IBC Office: Cameron 301
Export Controls Office: Cameron 319
Conflict of Interest Office: Cameron 320

Where can I find answers to my questions about human subjects research?

Information on Human Subjects research is found on the IRB page or by contacting the IRB Manager (704-687-1871 or

Where can I find information on lab animal research?

The Animal Care & Use Program website has many resources, or you may contact the IACUC Coordinator (704-687-1872 or

Where can I register my work with biological materials?

Experimental research including biohazardous material, microorganisms and/or recombinant or synthetic DNA technologies must be registered with the Biosafety Office. Please contact the Biosafety Officer (704-687-1825 or to begin the registration process.

Where can I find answers to my questions about traveling internationally for the University and taking my laptop abroad?

The Export Control page has information about traveling abroad, or contact the Export Control Officer (704-687-1877 or

Where can I find more Research Protections and Integrity Information?