3rd Party Data Requirements

Researchers who want to work with 3rd party data or restricted use data sets need to complete a research data registration form. Information submitted in the form will be used by a Data Security Officer (DSO) to create Data Security Plan (DSP) which is required for all research that involves human subjects. To register your research data, see:
Research Data Registration form

Guidelines for Research

To learn more about research involving human subjects, see:
Office of Research Protections and Integrity » Human Subjects » Guidelines for Research

Work with Your Data Security Officer

It is strongly recommended that researchers contact their Data Security Officer (DSO) to develop a comprehensive security plan for handling electronic data that is (a) received from third parties and (b) subject to contractual access restrictions. For a complete listing of Data Security Officers, see:
ITS Services » IT Policies & Standards » Data Security Officers