Report an Animal Welfare Concern
The IACUC is responsible for ensuring that all animals used in research and teaching programs are treated in accordance with all applicable government regulations and institutional policies. Should you have a concern regarding the care or treatment of animals used in research or teaching activities at UNC Charlotte, please submit a report using one of the following mechanisms:
- Contact the Office of Research Protections and Integrity (ORPI) at 704-687-1872 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may call or email the director of ORPI, Dr. Angelica Martins (704-687-1876 / A.Martins@uncc.edu).
- Contact the Attending Veterinarian, Dr. Glicerio Ignacio (704-687-5017 / GIgnacio@uncc.edu).
- Contact the IACUC Chair, Dr. Yvette Huet (704-687-8696).
- Submit an anonymous report directly to the ORPI using this form. Note that your information is not collected unless you choose to supply it.
- Submit an anonymous report using the University's incident reporting system. Please choose the option "Report Any Other Concern."
Please be prepared to share the following information:
- Incident description
- Date and time of the incident
- Location of the incident (building name and room number and/or name of the principal investigator overseeing the lab space)
- Did you witness the incident yourself?
- Have you reported this incident to anyone else? If so, to whom and when? What action was taken?
- Optional: Your name and contact information
The USDA Animal Welfare Regulations and North Carolina law provide specific protection for employees, IACUC members, or laboratory personnel against discrimination or other reprisals for reporting violations of the Animal Welfare Act (whistleblower protection).