The Office of Research Services, the Center for Research Excellence, and the other units within the Division of Research provide a variety of annual and ad hoc professional development opportunities, workshops, and programs for faculty, staff and students. Please visit the News Page for information on upcoming programs.
Annual and On-going Professional Development:
The Certificate Program in Grants and Contracts Administration, Level 1 is intended for staff in academic departments (or similar units) whose job responsibilities include providing financial and administrative support for grants and contracts to Principal Investigators, Department Chairs, and others.
The Certificate provides core knowledge about grants and contracts in general, and about the administration of grants and contracts at UNC Charlotte in particular. The certificate program is especially useful for staff new to grants and contracts administration at the department level. This includes:
- New UNC Charlotte staff employed in departments that manage and administer grants and contracts
- Existing UNC Charlotte staff whose departments anticipate that they will have grants and contracts to manage and administer in the future
- UNC Charlotte staff who wish to prepare themselves for employment in departments that manage and administer grants and contracts
Program participants are selected based on an application process and space availability, and employees with current job responsibilities working with grants and contracts may be given preference.
- Complete prerequisites listed below
- Attend and participate in all sessions of the Certificate program
- Complete an evaluation of each session
- Achieve a satisfactory score on each of the Learning Assessments administered as part of the Program
- Banner Finance Training
- Budget: Understanding General Fund and Position Budget
- Complex Payments and Tax Guidance
- Employment and Payment of Non-Resident
- Fixed Assets
- Paying for Travel at UNC Charlotte
- Purchasing and Accounts Payable 101
- Student Hiring Coordinator Workshop
For more information, send an inquiry to email@example.com
Research Administration Open Forum